Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lazy Saturdays

We have a rule in our house, Saturdays are for staying home and chilling.  We can clean, pick up, etc, but for the most part, there is no company and no leaving to run errands.  This is my one day to actually cook (I could post a whole blog dedicated to my cooking antics and what always seems to go wrong in my kitchen.) What's funny is I get ticked off if there's good weather on a Saturday...I want rain storms or even a snow storm.  So far this entire summer and fall I haven't had one ugly weather Saturday, and it's really starting to irritate me.  Is it so much to ask for one gosh darn almost-tornado day?  Or how about a blizzard in October...it's happened before!!  So here I sit, rebelling against a beautiful day.  I can guarantee one thing, if I were to give in and start actually enjoying the warm weather, it would change the minute I go outside...or those stupid wasps (that croak and magically come back to life) would be attacking me again.  I'm just one of those people who goes outside and is attacked by bugs and birds...yes birds.  And don't forget rabid squirrels that throw acorns at my head.  What else?  Oh yes, if I were to sit out on my front steps, I can guarantee a group of angry Girl Scouts would be hounding me to buy their cookies.  It happens all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment