Friday, November 25, 2011

The Beautiful Journey of Adoption

I have been reflecting this week on the journey I'm on, and more specifically, this little thing called "the wait." Honestly, yes, the journey (ANY journey) can be difficult. It has its highs and lows, peaks and valleys...it truly is a roller coaster...but I'm ON the journey!!  I'm IN it!!  It's what I wanted, what I begged my hubby for, begged God for.  I WANTED this!!  I don't know why, but the pictures I received of my little guy just did.me.in.  Here in about two weeks time, I received pics and a video of my girl, pics of my son along with his past updates, and it just put me over the moon.  I love the description of his personality in the foster care reports, and I can't wait to meet these two little people who are about to change my whole world!!  

Many times throughout the day I look at the clock and wonder what they're doing at that moment.  I wonder what their hair feels like. I think about brushing my daughter's hair and getting them all dressed up for church. I wonder what their voices sound like, what does it sound like when they laugh?

I want to enjoy the journey! So many people are looking for the end result and never enjoy where they're at in life. They never calm themselves and look around at all that God is doing and has done for them. 

21 years ago this month I asked Jesus into my heart. I cannot believe what I was before that moment. When I look back at these past two decades of walking with Him I am amazed at the life He has given me.  I certainly didn't deserve it!  I am so thankful for my husband, children, and church family that God has blessed me with.  And I'm thankful for the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, Your post really spoke to me tonight. I was cheating myself out of the anticipation of being with our son in less than two weeks by temporarily taking on my shoulders what clearly belongs on God's! (Money worries! What else?)

    Much like the Israelites, I have witnessed, first hand, the incredible power of God and how He pleasures in blessing us and yet, I continue to want to control the outcome of this journey. Your post reminded me that all of this belongs to Him and I give it back with Joy!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete