Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sleep

It's amazing what sleep can do when you're having a bad day (or a bad attitude!!). That's all I needed and my rotten attitude from my previous post was history.

For some reason, I just hit a wall. I threw my pom-poms down and walked away from the game. To be honest, I thought I had had so many "this is the last straw" moments in this journey, but this one was the worst. I didn't rant to anyone, I didn't vent...I just walked away...literally. 

I received the phone call from the USCIS lady about 2 hours before our Wed. night church service and I was just heart-broken. Usually, I can work my way right back into my smiley little self just by being around other people...not that night. I don't know whether it's right or wrong...but I went home right after church without saying a word to anyone. I just snuck out the side door and went home. I know, some of you are thinking, "That's it?" Yeah, that's it.  Honestly, for the first time, I needed to be alone. And I needed sleep. I woke up the next day, and I'm on top of the world again...go figure. 

Even though these two little children on the other side of the planet seem like dangling carrots in front of me, I know I will get there. I've said it a million times...I do NOT know the bigger picture in all of this. I know it will all make sense someday. 

Don't worry everyone, my pom-poms are back in my hands and I'm a happy camper again. Thank you all for your prayers concerning this process! Now...please pray someone at USCIS has mercy on me and expedites my I800 paperwork!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment