Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Still not in the system

Today I called the USCIS as planned and asked for the status of my I800...I'm still not in the system.  I don't know what the word "expedite" means to the USCIS, but when I hear that word it generally means things are going to go faster, you're going to go through the process a little  quicker than usual. Apparently not. Perhaps it just means  "this is a nice green piece of paper that's going to make you feel good and make you think we're paying extra special attention to your case." Do you detect a hint of sarcasm? Good. I'm laying it on real thick. I'm supposed to hear back from my personal case worker (hopefully tomorrow) with a little more info that should shed some light on what the deal is with "all things expedited."

Also, the same lady who was able to get an update on my little girl said she was going to try my son's orphanage again to see what info she could get on him. 

I also have something else in the works. My son is in a foster home program which is funded be a sponsor. I contacted the program directer to inquire about taking over my son's sponsorship, with the intent of receiving all his monthly updates, both development-wise as well as current pictures. In doing so, I would receive ALL his past, current, and future updates until we travel to China. This is a really neat idea which was suggested to me by another adoptive mom who had done the same thing. I've emailed the coordinator several times and it's now all set up! The updates should begin coming in December! 

I can totally feel right now how I'm on the down-hill journey, heading in to home plate with the adoption time-line. Even though all things are pointing to February as my month for travel, it really is closer than I think! The holidays are always so busy, I know the time is going to just fly! Before you know it, I'll be on a plane to China and all this chaos of killing trees for more of my paperwork will be a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment