Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I800 Rejection

Ooooh, my title sounds SO suspenseful, right? So here's the deal, two weeks ago I sent in some very important adoption paperwork. And yesterday I had it all returned to me with a big fat piece of paper that said, "rejected." Why was it rejected? Because I didn't send them a check for the second child we're adopting. I still don't know where it said I was supposed to send an additional check, doesn't matter, it's done now. I missed it, my agency missed it, and the agency overseeing them missed it. I sent it off without the check and the USCIS sent it back and said, "Show me the money." (They didn't really say that, but it would have been more fun if they did; beats saying, "REJECTED".) 

Last night I had to fight the "I'm so stupid" feelings. But today is a new day. I've said it once and I'll say it again...I have seen the hand of God all over my life...times when I tried soooo hard to kick a door open, and it just.would.not.budge. I just posted last week how I tried to make my homestudy go faster, and it just wouldn't, no matter what I did. Then I found out two weeks ago, had that homestudy gone according to my schedule, I would have missed out on my son. His file wasn't with my agency at the time. I will not fight this. There's a bigger picture here; I just can't see it yet. It'll all be ok when this whole process is done...I may need therapy when it's done, but at least it'll be DONE!! (How many times have I said, "I hate paperwork????")


No comments:

Post a Comment