Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On the rollercoaster...again.

I finally called the USCIS (a gov. office) about my I800 approval (or lack thereof). After much typing on the other end of the phone, the nice lady told me I wasn't even in their system. What? My paperwork is still stuck at a previous location called "the lockbox." She said it will take 10-14 business days to complete that step. THEN it moves to the nice lady on the phone. I slowly started to piece it all together. I asked her, "Are you telling me I am starting all over...from the beginning?" "Yes. I'm sorry." "So, how much time did I lose with my paperwork being sent back to me...two...three weeks?" "Yes, probably. I'm sorry." My heart sunk, and I hung up the phone in utter disbelief. 

EVERY part of this adoption process has been double. Every part. My homestudy should have been 2 months, it was 4. My LOA wait should have been 2 months, it was also 4. Now this. Having to re-send paperwork and start the I800 approval wait all over again...salt in a wound. It's brutal. 

 I was supposed to be in China right now. Literally. So today I'm kind of pouting. I know I shouldn't. But sometimes this process just messes with a person. I have been telling everyone I'm traveling in 3 months. I have said that for 4 months. It's getting old. Now I'm looking at possible travel in February. February. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, So sorry for this added delay. I know how your heart aches to get there!! Praying for God to give you a glimpse into His will here and a peace that passes our limited understanding.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete