Friday, November 4, 2011

Updates on Bao Xi Yi!!!

About an hour ago I opened my emails to find my updates on Bao Xi Yi!!! I was shocked as I just asked for the update Sunday night...how quick was that! For those who are in the process of adopting, I used Angela with Ladybugsinlove. I received the answers to my 10 questions, 6 pictures and a video!! When we pulled up the first picture, Brianna said, "Mom, that's not her." Actually, I was shocked as well because her hair was pulled back and at first I thought her head was shaved, as sometimes happens when they are placed back in the orphanage before adoption. I'm glad I got to see what she looks like with her hair pulled back because if she came to me like that on Gotcha Day, I don't think I would have recognized her!! She has grown!! But she still has some serious pudgy cheeks, which makes this Mama sooo happy!

Check out these cute pics!!









Video:


Answers to my questions:

1. Q.  Does she speak English?
A. She does not speak English yet. She can only understand some simple words like "hello," "bye-bye," etc.

2. Q. Who are her friends? (Their names)
A. She is attending pre-school close to her foster home. She gets along well with other children in her class.

3. Q. What is her favorite food?
A. She is not picky, she likes to eat everything, especially fruit and candy.

4. Q.  What is her personality like? Is she a talker, etc?
A. She is outgoing, smart, and she is a talker.

5. Q.  What are her favorite toys she likes to play with?
A. She likes dolls and she also likes to watch cartoons.

6. Q.  What comforts her when she's upset?
A. When she is upset just pick her up and rock her and talk with her, she will be fine soon.

7. Q.  What causes her to become upset?
A. She does not get upset easily. Sometimes when she is sleepy, she gets a little upset.

8. Q.  What makes her happy?
A. If her foster family takes her out shopping or goes downstairs and plays in the park, she would be very happy.

9. Q.  Does she know she's being adopted?
A. She knows she will have Daddy and Mommy, but does not really understand what adoption means.

10. Q.  Is there a possibility of getting a video as well as pictures?
A.  Yes!!!!!

I'm SOOOO glad I received these as the pictures I had of her were approaching almost a year old! I also received updates on her height and weight. 
Now, how in the world do I keep my feet on the ground for another few months...I want to go get her NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment