Friday, January 13, 2012

Don't Ask!!

Nope - no TA. But our timeline is still the same, so I'm not sweating it.  We are looking at leaving two weeks from today!!

Ok, I just have to get a little sentimental on you all here.

I remember reading other people's blogs about six months ago and I'd see how close they were to travel; I would look at those people and think, "Wow, those people are sooo far ahead of me!! They are some elite group of people who somehow miraculously made it to the end of the process.

Well, here I am!!! But, I've gotta tell ya...the wait does NOT get easier. But you do learn to deal with it a little better. I must say though, it is hard not being envious of those who just seem to breeze through the process.

Some people say that we'll all forget what we went through. Ummm...not sure about that!! I can remember my journey like a timeline and at each milestone there was an obstacle I had to overcome.

Every. single. one.

Many obstacles, yes, but many blessings.

And I can think of two very beautiful blessings waiting on the other side of this last approval. :)

And on the other side of this planet.

Anyone have a boat I could borrow? Tee hee.


2 comments:

  1. Hang in the Lisa! We will get there.....I think!? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I hear a lot from people on this subject since we did "fly" through two expedited adoptions in 6 months. I joke with people that I am not strong enough to handle the normal process and that God is simply giving me what I could handle with these two older boys.


    You know that I sympathize with this painful wait, but throughout this year, I have seen people deal with ridiculous delays and yet, in the end, they have been able to see God's hand in each detail and understand what all those "dumb" things happened. I love following you on this journey and can't wait to see these two dolls in their mama's arms! Angie

    ReplyDelete