Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tickets Are Booked!

Oh my word, that was crazy. I swear God has to get a serious kick out of the things He makes me do. Booking tickets has taken me two days...TWO DAYS!!!

My brain does NOT compute with itineraries, and options, and well, money. None of this, and I mean NONE. OF. THIS...is in my personality. That's why you know this is God, because I would not knowingly, willingly, torture myself.

Yes, I said torture.

So I did what any normal self-described dumb-blonde (who's really a brunette) would do. I spoke with a travel agent. Actually, I spoke with two. One made my brain hurt, the other had a Southern accent and made me want to spend Christmas with her. I wanted to adopt her as my Aunt or something. She had the Paula Dean effect on me. I'm telling you, you could rob my house and if you have a Southern accent, I'll give you a hug while you're heading off with all my possessions.

So I pictured Paula Dean on the phone with me, and she won. I booked my tickets with Paula Dean, and I'm all set to go to China!!!

Ok, ok, I know you're all stuck on the dumb-blonde statement, thinking I'm cutting myself short, yada, yada.
Or perhaps you're a true blonde and you're seriously ticked at me. :)

Well, I know what I am, what I'm capable of, and what I'm not. Adoption has stretched me to the brink of insanity.  And it's all the paperwork; trying to figure out what they're even asking of me.

The truth is, I have a sense of humor about my lack of intelligence. It's kind of cute, really. Amazingly enough, I have people who sympathize with me, while they're mocking me, and help me (or more like drag me along) in life. 

If you would like a taste of my lack of smarts, here you go:

I am the person who pulled into a rest stop to ask some truckers which way Iowa was (I was in Minnesota at the time). They laughed and helped me find my state.

I am the same person who got lost in my own neighborhood, drove right by our street, and spent 10 minutes trying to get back. It's not like I had just moved there either. We'd been living there for a year.

I am the same person who, when discussing the weather with someone, responded to their statement about there not being any rain because there wasn't a cloud in the sky, by stating, "Oh, you need to have clouds in order to have rain?" She just stared at me and told me to stick close to my husband in life. :)

Now, with the exception of my cute little texting smiles I put in my writing :), I do have a few strengths; spelling, and writing. I try to keep my blogs short and quick so I don't lose anyone (because I also have a short attention span). But I really do like to write. 

Speaking of attention spans, what was I talking about anyway? Oh yeah, I booked my tickets!!! 

Yay me!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are toooo funny! I am so with you on the "dumb blonde" thing...if I don't stay on the same "route" each day, I would get lost going to work. I get turned around in a circle :)! Can't wait to follow your journey to China and back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the morning laugh girl! Ok, I now know why we are friends...YOU NEED ME!! LOL

    ReplyDelete