Friday, January 20, 2012

I Love Blizzards

It looks like a Thomas Kincaid picture out my window. It really does!! I'll post some pictures this weekend. So here's the deal...I hate winter, I hate the cold, but if there's a blizzard and I don't have to go out in it, and my house is clean, and I have candles lit...and, and, and. You get the picture; everything has to be perfect and THEN I love the blizzard.

People make statements all the time about how if you live in the Midwest then you must be used to the cold. 
Not true. Not true at all. Not for me anyway. Men, for the most part, love it when it's cold. Women who have gone through menopause and are dealing with hot flashes love the cold. 

But I'm not a man, nor am I a hot-flashy woman!!!

I have asked God so many times, well, it was more like ranting, wondering why in THE world He placed me in the frozen tundra of Iowa. Why? No, I really am wondering why. Ok, I don't know the answer but I have a guess. Maybe so I don't get to have it my way or possibly to teach me something??? I'm reaching for straws here. Or maybe He's punishing me severely. Tee hee. 

Either way, He gives me an out. I told my hubby several years ago that if God was going to make me (force me to) stay in Iowa for the rest of my life, then I get to leave in the winter and go South (like a bird) for one or two weeks. My husband said that was a great idea and said it would make winter more bearable for me. 

So we began planning vacations in Feb to go South. We've been to Florida two years, Branson, Missouri once (that was still kind of cold for my liking). But this year we had to nix it because of China. But God is so good, He threw one in for me...my daughter is in southern China, so we'll be there for 1 1/2 weeks! How awesome is that?

Currently, the temperature in her province is about 60 degrees. That's fine by me, because currently in my city, it's 10 below. Yes, I said below. As in negative.

Sick, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your snow!! We've had hardly any snow this winter and I'm not sure what the point of living in Minnesota is if you don't get snow! Congratulations on your upcoming travel. I'm looking forward to following your trip to China!!
    April Z. (Libbymom from Rumor Queen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is SICK! BTW, Charleston would be a LOVELY destination next year! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete