Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No News...Yet!!

Ok, so no news yesterday or today on my TA. That's ok, I really wasn't expecting anything until possibly tomorrow.  The average wait for TA is 16 days...that would be tomorrow for me!!!

But what I'm dealing with right now...at this very moment...is...my little girl is waking up right now on the other side of the world. And it's her birthday. Her 4th birthday.

How do I know she's waking up? Because, just to torture myself I went back to her referral papers and it says she wakes up at 6:30 am. China is 13 hours ahead of us. She wakes up in a few minutes.

So, in China right now it's Jan. 12. 

I remember reading blogs and comments from adoptive parents who didn't make it to China in time for their child's birthday. I never understood how upset they were.

Until now.

I'm ok, really I am.

It would be different if I had months to go, but it's just weeks!!!!!!!!

So, in honor of my little birthday girl, here's a picture of one of her first referral photos. This picture is about a year old and she's changed so much, but I just love her goofy little smile.

Tomorrow we will celebrate her birthday and I will post more pictures then. 

Until then:

Bao Xi Yi


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl.....you'll be celebrating with her soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sweet girl!!! Love, "Aunt" Angie

    ReplyDelete